- February event: co-operatives take up Jeremy Corbyn’s challenge
- Update: Scotland the Bread co-operative provides fairly traded nutritious bread, locally grown, milled and baked
- Next move: will worker co-operatives help the Co-operative Group to learn how to operate democratically?
- The Employee Ownership Association Annual Conference
- Co-operative Bank donates £20,000 to emergency appeal for co-ops hit by natural disasters
Tag Archives: speculation food futures
Could this MEP’s co-operative vision mitigate one of the Group’s most serious mistakes: the sale of its farms?
In 2014 the Co-operative Group sold its ‘strong and successful’16,000ha farms (£7m profit during the last year) for a mere £249m to the Wellcome Trust. Danny Truell, chief investment officer of the trust said, “The trust’s philosophy is to provide … Continue reading