- February event: co-operatives take up Jeremy Corbyn’s challenge
- Update: Scotland the Bread co-operative provides fairly traded nutritious bread, locally grown, milled and baked
- Next move: will worker co-operatives help the Co-operative Group to learn how to operate democratically?
- The Employee Ownership Association Annual Conference
- Co-operative Bank donates £20,000 to emergency appeal for co-ops hit by natural disasters
Category Archives: Democratic participation
Next move: will worker co-operatives help the Co-operative Group to learn how to operate democratically?
After contacting the worker co-operatives to update the directory, Mary Holmes wrote: “In a world awash with lyrical mission statements about ‘excellence’, ‘service’ and ‘ethical dimensions’ worker co-ops actually have their values at the centre of the business not just … Continue reading
In celebration of the Co-op Party centenary this event is an absolute must for all those interested in transforming the West Midlands region by reorganising local economies and supporting communities to help themselves. First outing at the 2017 Durham Miners’ Gala Lucy Seymour-Smith writes: In times … Continue reading
“Co-operatives should, I believe, play an essential part in the economy of the future” Edited extracts, added information and links (full text here). John McDonnell pointed out that wealth is more concentrated now than it has been for a century … Continue reading
A new conference looking at the role of co-operative education and opportunities opened up by the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 is being held in Cardiff on 8 April. Here is a report from Callum Johnston and David … Continue reading
Architects Design Partnership (ADP), founded in 1965, now has a base in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter and studios in Delhi, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oxford and Sherborne. As the first step on the journey to becoming employee owned, LLP converted … Continue reading