- Co-op stores to create 5,000 new jobs in a bid to help those who’ve lost jobs in bars, pubs and restaurants
- Co-operative Bank signs agreement with the Customer Union for Ethical Banking
- Landmines video: bank policy
- In an increasingly unstable world, Marinaleda, an Andalusian village, has developed a co-operative alternative
- Independent review finds Co-operative Bank was left “relatively defenceless” by regulators
Category Archives: Co-operative News
A report about co-operative councils on this website recorded that the first one was launched in Lambeth in 2012, in response to the financial challenges from changes in central government funding. The 22 local co-operative authorities are committed to finding … Continue reading
Were activists or imported executives responsible for the Co-operative Group’s ‘management and governance’ failure?
A few years after the event which eventually triggered the setting up of this site in 2011, a group of co-operators concerned about the ‘corporatisation’ of the large societies, involving loss of members’ control, began to correspond. Several had been … Continue reading
Next move: will worker co-operatives help the Co-operative Group to learn how to operate democratically?
After contacting the worker co-operatives to update the directory, Mary Holmes wrote: “In a world awash with lyrical mission statements about ‘excellence’, ‘service’ and ‘ethical dimensions’ worker co-ops actually have their values at the centre of the business not just … Continue reading
Devastation on the island of Jost Van Dyke after Hurricane Irma Anca Voinea reports, in the Co-operative News, that the Co-operative Bank has donated £20,000 to Co-operatives UK’s appeal fund set up to help co-ops in countries affected by the recent spate of national … Continue reading