The Guardian reported recently that an overhaul of consumer protection rights, led by ‘the consumers’ champion’, Ed Mayo, has been announced by Labour, as the party moves to confront “bad companies” which cheat customers. He has agreed to spend a year investigating how to tackle companies which knowingly “rip off” consumers. For new readers we will explain that Ed is now Co-operatives UK Secretary General.
- Next move: will worker co-operatives help the Co-operative Group to learn how to operate democratically?
- The Employee Ownership Association Annual Conference
- Co-operative Bank donates £20,000 to emergency appeal for co-ops hit by natural disasters
- Save Our Bank’s view on the Co-op Bank’s Values and Ethics Report
- Co-operative & Community Finance collaborates with other funds to develop community food and farming businesses